I am a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist offering both short and long term therapy and have experience in working with people from a diversity of backgrounds with a wide range of issues, including stress, anxiety, depression, anger, low self-esteem, relational problems, bereavement, self-harm, abuse and trauma.
I work integratively which means I draw on the knowledge of more than one approach to ensure that the therapy I offer is flexible and tailor-made for each of my clients, respecting the uniqueness of every individual. The modalities I use are Person-Centred, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
I strongly believe that the therapeutic relationship is at the very heart of the work we will do together and I have an ability to connect with my clients in a way that makes them feel safe, comfortable and respected whilst still providing an environment where personal growth is facilitated.
In addition to practicing privately I am also a counsellor at Rushden Mind and Northamptonshire Rape Crisis.
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- BA (Health Sciences and Social Services with specialisation in Psychological Counselling)
Professional Body Membership
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) which means that I abide and adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (the Ethical Framework can be viewed on the BACP website here). I am also an accredited member of The National Counselling Society (NCS), have valid professional indemnity insurance and attend regular training and supervision.
Further training and recent Continuing Professional Development:
- Sexual violence awareness training
- The trauma counsellor’s toolbox – exercises and techniques to aid recovery and healing from complex trauma
- Counselling the terminally ill
- Safeguarding children and child protection
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Drugs and Alcohol Awareness
‘Once you reach the summit of your own heart you will see beauty is everywhere.’
~ Bryant McGill ~